The Student Health Clinic offers FREE counseling and medical care to all enrolled students.
Whether you are sick, managing a chronic health problem, or working to develop a healthier lifestyle, we are here to help. Our mission is to provide enrolled students with access to health care and counseling services to promote their personal success while reaching their goals at Hawkeye Community College.
Our staff includes an Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioner and a Professional School Counselor. We understand the diverse needs of college students and strive to assist you in meeting those needs.
Here are just a few of the services we offer:
- Evaluation and treatment of minor illness and injuries.
- Physical examinations for Health Sciences programs, Athletic Pre-Participation Clearance, and Employment Physicals.
- Immunizations: MMR, Varicella, Tdap, Hepatitis B, COVID-19, seasonal influenza.
- In-Clinic testing for tuberculosis, urinary tract infection, pregnancy, strep throat, COVID-19, and STIs.
- Minor wound repair.
- Contraception management counseling/prescriptions, free male and female condoms.
- Referrals and collaboration with specialists.
Appointments are required. To schedule an appointment with the Nurse Practitioner or School Counselor please call, email, or simply walk-in to the clinic. See Appointments for more information.
The Hawkeye Student Health Clinic will not provide notes to excuse students from class. You are responsible for notifying your instructor of any absence and making up any work/class missed.